Oh, by gosh, by golly – from chestnuts roasting on an open fire to the cookies and milk you snack on en route to Santa’s plate, the holidays can be a smorgasbord of sweet excesses.
Additionally, finding pockets of time to exercise in and around shopping, parties, and family get-togethers can be difficult, and fitness all-too-often takes a backseat to festivities. (At least the sugarplums were dancing…)
This season, amidst the hustle and bustle, consider dropping by an Ellicott City personal trainer gym to find out how they can help you adhere to a routine during this most wonderful, albeit whirlwind-like, time of the year.
A certified personal trainer can help you establish realistic workout and nutrition goals over the course of the next few months. With an end-game in mind, navigating your way around those North Pole goodies will be that much easier.
Here are a few ways the personnel at an Ellicott City personal trainer gym can help:
- Flexibility. If your regular exercise sessions are simply not fitting into your schedule, don’t cut ties with them entirely. A personal trainer can provide guidance and encouragement to stick to some kind of routine. After all, professionals recommend scaling back on occasion, and even short bursts of exercise – 20 minutes, at least three times a week – can yield tremendous results, improve your mood, and reduce anxiety.
- Emphasizing cardiovascular workouts. When exercise falls by the wayside for whatever reason, the body’s cardiovascular capacity is the first to take a hit. In fact, a person can lose up to 50 percent of any progress made during just one week of inactivity. A personal trainer can help you prioritize your cardio routine during the holidays, and possibly devise a short body weight circuit to help you maximize respiratory, metabolism, and circulatory functions.
- Maintaining muscle mass: Strength training will not only give you that extra oomph when hauling in a tree or lifting piles of gifts, but also plays a huge role in regulating your metabolic rate. Muscle mass is far more difficult to regain once it’s lost. A trainer can help you prioritize this essential area of fitness.
- Providing nutritional advice: With festive, calorie-dense food popping up at every turn, resistance is futile. So why resist? Staying fit throughout the holidays doesn’t have to mean you deprive yourself of the season’s tastiest elements. Instead, consult with a certified personal trainer and nutritionist to discuss portion control, and find out how you can treat yourself in moderation.
- Creating new family memories. Holiday engagements with family and friends are among the main reasons that people shirk their exercise sessions. So why not bring them along? Fitness Together Ellicott City offers truly personalized, small group sessions for one to four people. This year, consider giving the gift of a healthy lifestyle to the people you hold dear.
Striking a healthy balance between physical fitness and holiday excitement should not make you a Scrooge. Fitness Together Ellicott City can help. Call us today at (410) 750-2228.