You know the biggest secret surrounding private personal training gyms? They’re not a secret. They’re hiding in plain sight, so to speak, and located within their walls are all of the other “best kept” secrets to a healthy, attractive physique that are readily attainable by anyone willing to put in the time and effort.
Here are seven additional fitness “secrets” to achieving the results you desire. (Don’t tell anyone we told you.)
- Consistency is the key. If you really, truly want to improve the way you look and feel, you MUST – beyond the shadow of all doubt – make an effort. That means getting up and going to your private personal training gym, specifically when you don’t feel like it, or can find 800 excuses to blow it off.
- You don’t need to understand the why or the how, necessarily. That’s the trainer’s job. They’ve studied long and hard to memorize the science of muscle systems and how they respond to various pressures and positions. Your job is to imitate the steps and the motions they demonstrate until they become second nature. Then – and only then, grasshopper – can you begin to worry about the “why” of it all.
- The basics take time. It’s human nature to want to fly before we know how to crawl. But any certified personal trainer will tell you – master the simple concepts, and the rest will fall into place.
- Half-measures mean fewer calories burned. If you don’t approach each exercise with the same fervor, you’re not doing your body any favors. Intensity burns calories quicker, and shortens required workout time. That being said – overtraining is a surefire path to burn out. Don’t worry. All private personal training gym staff members are trained to let you know how much is too much. Just make sure to allow 48-hours between working muscle groups, and don’t forget to stretch, stretch, stretch.
- Nutrition and diet are a big part of success. You’ve no doubt heard the broken record before. But allow us to crank up the volume: Fruits and vegetables. Nothing fried. Nothing processed. Lean meats. Lots of fish. Less bread, low carbs. But do treat yourself from time to time, and in moderation.
- Persistence is the other key. You’re familiar with the phrase, “good things come to those who wait?” It’s true, so don’t give up. Adopt a long-term state of mind. Although some days it may seem as though you are running in place (that is, when you’re not literally running in place) you can rest assured that your body is responding to its proper workout. With continued effort, proper diet, and regular sleep, results are practically guaranteed.
- Don’t worry, be happy. Above all, to make real progress, you should enjoy your workout sessions. If this is clearly not the case, call for a time out and talk to your personal trainer to see what can be done. Exercise should always make you feel BETTER, not worse.
New Year’s is right around the corner. If you’ve already made a resolution to improve your physical health, don’t waste time with other private personal training gyms. Call Fitness Together Ellicott City today at 410-750-2228.