5 Things to Consider When Choosing a Personal Training Studio
Jan 21, 2016
That New Year’s resolution is just waiting in the wings for you to make good on your promises. But now the stress of seeing it through has set in as the second half of January rolls around. It’s not that you want to shirk the workout or escape the exercise. It’s just that you don’t know where to go or how to start. If finding the right personal training studio seems like more heavy lifting than the training itself, relax. Help is on the way.
Here are five things to keep in mind when searching for the right personal training studio.
- Qualifications are key. Anyone worth their salt in the fitness industry will tell you the same. Ensuring that your personal trainer is qualified should be your top priority when choosing a personal training studio. We’re talking about accreditation, here. Anyone can say they’re a professional – but certified professional trainers will be able to provide proof of certification. Some of the most respected associations providing certification include The American Council on Exercise (ACE), the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA), and the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM). The personal trainers at Fitness Together Ellicott City have certifications from multiple agencies and the subsequent knowledge to better meet your fitness needs.
- Compatibility leads to comfort. Let’s face it. This burgeoning relationship is going to involve an intense focus on the body – specifically, yours. On the most basic of levels, you want to make certain that you and your instructor at the personal training studio of your choice have an easygoing rapport. After all, constructive criticism is a significant part of the deal, so choose someone you believe you can communicate with openly. It’s important to remember that your initial meeting should be treated as a job interview of sorts. Ask about your prospective trainer’s methods, their philosophy, and their style.
- Set goals for yourself. This is your game plan, and something to keep in mind when interviewing personal training studio prospects. What do you hope to achieve and how do they propose helping you to succeed? Be specific, be realistic, and be receptive to advice from the professionals.
- Look for results, rely on references. They say the proof is in the pudding. While pudding may or may not be off the menu for a while, don’t shy away from asking clientele about their experiences. Read testimonials and client reviews to get a better understanding of a personal training studio’s environment and success rate.
- Consider location and accessibility. Fitness Together offers more than 170 studio locations across the country including Fitness Together Ellicott City which is just a short drive from Marriottsville, Columbia, and Catonsville, and offers personal trainers in a private setting.
The trainers at Fitness Together Ellicott City are eager to help you reach your goals for a healthy lifestyle. Call us today at (410) 750-2228.