Celebrate the Holidays by Joining a Group Fitness Workout
Dec 12, 2012
It’s that time of year--the time of year when family and friends gather to share meals and desserts, and the pounds have a way of creeping on. Celebrate this holiday season by joining a group fitness workout to combat the added calories found in Grandma’s delicious pecan pie. Not sure what a group fitness workout is? Keep reading for a little information on group workouts, and why joining one will make your holiday season merrier, brighter, and skinnier.
- Fun. Perhaps one of the biggest reasons to join a group fitness class in the Dunwoody area is the fun factor. Group fitness workouts are usually small groups of 3-4 people, led by a personal trainer. Ever notice how much more fun it is to workout with a friend? Group fitness is especially fun because you are doing the same workout with friends, and you have the personalized instruction of a personal trainer. You will learn new exercise routines, how to blast fat, and enjoy the time spent working out with others.
- Challenging. A fitness group, is always challenging, as well as fun. Because the small group is led by a personal trainer, the workouts are designed to specifically meet the needs of the group. For example, a small group might contain members with different goals of building muscle and losing weight, but the exercises will cater to both those goals. The exercises in a fitness group will present a challenge, pushing you to push past your personal best.
- Motivation. Group fitness is one of the best ways to motivate yourself. Having members in your group who have at one time or another been less than motivated, means having people who understand where you’re at, and who can help motivate you to get back on track. Working out with others is a powerful push to keep you motivated.
- Accountability. Group fitness is one of the best ways to be held accountable for your workouts. While you have a personal trainer who will check up on you, having others in your small groups achieving results and asking about your progress will keep you heading to the gym even on your day off. Accountability is one of the best ways to achieve the results you’re looking for, and group fitness offers it.
- Results. You can’t argue with results, and group fitness in Dunwoody gives you the results you’re looking for. Whether you want to lose weight, build muscle, or simply keep in shape, working out with a fitness group is a surefire way to accomplish your goals.
Don’t put off your fitness goals until after the holidays; join a fitness group to start seeing positive changes in your health, and fitness results to be proud of. Call your personal trainer to find out what deals he or she offers on small group training, or just talk to your local gym to find out what’s available.