For some, making wholesale lifestyle changes is easier said than done. Exercise is very important in managing Type 2 Diabetes. Combining proper nutrition with exercise, and medicine (when prescribed) will help control your weight and blood sugar level. But how to get it in gear to actually use these to help manage your Diabetes?
“When I first started with Fitness Together, I was overweight, out of shape and my cholesterol and diabetes were on the verge of causing major health problems. Through my trainer/FT owner Cathy’s innovative, creative and patient methods, I have managed to bring my AIC level down from 8.7 to 5.8, my cholesterol has dropped significantly, and I am wearing clothes I haven’t been able to wear for years.” Bob. F. Tyngsboro, MA
The Fitness Together Program
- Conduct an initial fitness evaluation, followed by fitness re-tests every 6 weeks
- Work with a personal trainer 3 times per week doing strength training
- Do cardiovascular exercise a minimum of 3 times per week for 30 minutes
- Test blood glucose before and after training as observed and recorded by Fitness Together
- Follow the guidelines of the Nutrition Together balanced nutrition program for Diabetics