What You Need to Know About Personal Training
Aug 16, 2017
When you think of personal trainers, if you don’t have personal experience with one, what comes to mind? Hulk-like disciplinarians who take delight in your pain? Or perhaps overbuilt comical figures who sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger? Well, if you’ve never actually experienced personal training, let alone personal training through Fitness Together, here are a few things you might want to know:
- You can come as you are. No need to “work up” to training. No fancy workout garb needed, save for a decent pair of athletic shoes. No planning or organization on your part. Right NOW is a perfect time for you to start personal training. And when you show up for your session, we’ll have your exercise program planned and ready. Because, honestly, do you really want one more thing to have to think about and plan?
- You can get in, get working and get out. Did you know that our clients have access to their own private fitness suite? This means that your trainer starts your session right away with warming up, and that the entire workout is focused on you and your goals. No standing around to wait for equipment, no idle chitchat, and no distractions.
- We get personal. Getting in shape is definitely not a one-size-fits-all experience. Everyone has different metabolic rates, different personal goals for how they want their body to look, and different past exercise experiences. Our trainers know how to work with you exactly where you are; to get you were you want to be. Plus, we check in with you on a regular basis, in addition to completing a progress report every 6-8 weeks, to make sure that the program is working for you.
- We know health is about more than just movement. We get that food can all at once serve as fuel, comfort, stress, joy, and sustenance. Food can also be a huge thorn in the side of a well-intentioned health-seeker. Not only that, but eating in a way that supports your health goals can be surprisingly confusing. That’s why we’re excited to offer our clients nutrition-based education. Sessions cover the relevant food-related issues that you want to discuss, and will offer tips and advice that you can put into practice right away.
- Do you suffer from low motivation or poor follow-through when it comes to exercise? Many people do. That is, many people who aren’t us. We help keep your enthusiasm strong, hold you accountable for the appointments you make, and do all of the tough guesswork for you. Oh, and also? We watch you like a hawk to make sure you’re doing the exercises right, to help you avoid injury and to increase affect it has on your body.
As professional fitness competitor Stephanie Chapa stated, “It’s not about being the best. It’s about being better than you were yesterday.” Give us a call or come in today to start on your path to improving your health, which will help you be able to enjoy a lot of better tomorrows.