These burger bites make the perfect low-carb appetizer to please everyone from age six to age sixty, just set out some ketchup and mustard for dipping and watch them disappear!
- 2 lbs 93% beef
- 4 oz center cut raw bacon, minced
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 30 cherry tomatoes
- 30 dill pickle chips or slices
- ketchup, mayo and/or mustard optional for serving
- Using your hands, gently mix together the beef, bacon, mustard, salt, onion powder and pepper.
- Form into 30 (golf ball size) meatballs.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to high heat and grill 3 minutes on each side, or until your desired doneness.
- Place on skewers with lettuce, pickles and tomatoes and serve with ketchup and mustard for dipping.
Yield: 30 "bites", Serving Size: 1 bite
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 66
- Total Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Cholesterol: 20mg
- Sodium: 293.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 1.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Sugar: 0.5g
- Protein: 8g
Read more at http://www.skinnytaste.com/burger-bites/#Mjhf3FcoBfeEQkkp.99