Food Weight: 2.0
A simply delightful salad and a healthy addition to any meal.
Yield: 2 servings
- 4 cups washed and dried spinach leaves (preferably organically grown)
- 2 large ripe (and tasty) tomatoes, diced
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice from ½ a fresh lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Balsamic glaze (available commercially such as Gia Russa® from Italy)
Heat grill to medium-high heat. Chop spinach into small pieces and divide spinach between two salad plates. Top each with chopped tomatoes. Wash and dry mushrooms, removing stems. In a small pot, heat olive oil and sauté garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper until garlic is browned. Brush mushroom caps (both sides) generously with olive oil mixture. Grill Portobello mushrooms over medium heat, stem-side down for about eight minutes. Turn and grill tops for six to eight minutes more. The mushrooms should be browned and tender. Remove from grill, cut into quarters and arrange over spinach salad. Add seasoning to taste. Drizzle salad with balsamic glaze and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (serving size: ½ of recipe):
Food Weight: 2.0, Calories: 220, Fat: 15 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 236 mg,
Carbohydrate: 21 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 7 g, Protein: 5 g