This is a recipe to make a complete healthy dinner. It cover a healthy protein source, healthy carbohydrate source, and healthy fats. It even finishes off with a healthy dessert. Try it and let us know how you like it.
Lemon Roasted Chicken
- 2 chicken leg and thighs (about 1.5 pounds total)
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 1 TB dried oregano
- 1/4 bunch parsley, minced
- 1 TB olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Marinade the chicken in the remaining ingredients for 1 to 2 hours, covered, in the refrigerator.
- Lightly oil a roasting pan or baking dish and preheat oven to 350F. Place the chicken in the pan.
- Roast the chicken for 35-40 minutes, turning over 2 to 3 times during the cooking process. Cook until a meat thermometer registers 165F in the thickest part of the chicken.
Baked Sweet Potato
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 pinches of dried oregano
- 2 pinches salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat the bottom of a glass or non-stick baking dish with olive oil, just enough to coat.
- Wash and peel the sweet potatoes. Cut them into medium size pieces. Place the cut sweet potatoes in the baking dish and turn them so that they are coated with the olive oil. Sprinkle moderately with oregano, and salt and pepper (to taste).
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 60 minutes or until soft.
Grilled Portobello Mushrooms
3 Portobello Mushrooms
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped onion
4 cloves garlic, minced
4 table spoons balsamic vinegar
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems, reserve for other use. Place caps on a plate with the gills up.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, onion, garlic and vinegar. Pour mixture evenly over the mushroom caps and let stand for 1 hour.
- Grill over hot grill for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- 4 crisp apples
- 4 TB coconut oil
- ground nutmeg (about 1/4 tsp or more to taste)
- ground cinnamon (about 1/2 to 1 TB)
- 6 whole cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Peel apples and cut them in half. Remove the cores with a knife.
- Arrange the apple halves in an oven safe baking dish and top with coconut oil.
- Sprinkle with the ground spices and whole cloves.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove the pan and baste the apples with the sauce every 15 minutes.
- Discard the cloves and serve hot covered with the butter sauce.
Enjoy, and have a wonderful dinner!