10 Healthy Eating Guidelines
Feb 26, 2011
Good day from Fitness Together. Hopefully, everyone’s' eating habits having started to change for the better after the New Year! However, if you just don’t know where to start on changing the way you eat, this article is just for you! Good eating habits involve selecting foods that are antioxidant rich and nutrient dense over those that are excessively high in calories (unhealthy fats, salt, and sugar...aka foods that don't bring much value to the table)! If that still doesn’t seem to help you, we have broken down 10 easy to remember guidelines to healthier eating.
1. Eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks per day (this helps raise your resting metabolic rate).
2. Drink water or calorie free beverages (at least 64 ounces or more if you are active).
3. Eat 4-9oz of cooked lean animal protein per day.
4. Eat whole grains (at least 3/day, these foods are the fuel for your brain!).
5. Shoot for 4 or more servings of vegetables.
6. Eat Fresh Fruit (at least 2/day).
7. Eat calcium rich food (at least 2/day).
8. Aim to eat more healthy fats.
9. Limit your salt intake on your foods while eating or preparing.
10.Cut out the empty calories that come from your sweets and alcohol intake.
If you can follow these few healthy eating guidelines, your goals of looking better this summer might just come true!
PS. remember one thing, "Fitness-if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body." Cher