Dave Segal - Winnetka - Client since 2/28/2008
Why did you seek out personal training?
– I was overweight and out of shape. I was turning 50 and didn’t want to be dealing with the weight loss in my 70’s. It was time to take on the challenge so I could enjoy life.
Why did you choose FT?
– I had tried other fitness clubs before and tried the personal training. I didn’t like large setting and felt lost in the club, left to my own devices. A friend from Wisconsin told me about FT. I looked around in my area and found the studio. After my initial meeting with Amanda, and meeting Brianna – I knew this was the place for me.
How did it compare to the other things you’ve tried? What do you enjoy most?
– I really enjoy the private setting. My trainer was always in a great mood and ready for my session. Though she had a full schedule of clients, she made me feel like I was her only one. It felt more like a workout buddy; a friend rather than a trainer.
What was the hardest thing to change and how did you overcome this?
– Diet was the hardest to tackle. I used the Vitabot system for a while, until my life became really busy. It helped me to understand the food I was putting into my body. I realized how hard I had to work to lose the weight, and eating the bad stuff became less acceptable.
After 6 months, what have you accomplished? How has this impacted your life?
– Lost 40 lbs.* Back pain is better; blood pressure is lower – from 140/90 to 120/80. Cholesterol is better - from 220 to 170.* More energy makes my job easier. As a landscaper, having more energy is important when you are working hard outside all day long.* If I had the same client load last year as this year in the shape I used to be in – I would have had a heart attack a long time ago! My doctor is very pleased.
Did Fitness Together meet or exceed your expectations?
– Exceed – My workouts are never boring. I actually enjoy coming here. It’s my "me" time. No cell phone, no worries, no one can bother me. I get 1 hour a day to escape the world and focus on me. The staff makes me feel welcome and important.
What advice would you give to a new client?
– Be honest about where you are and what you want. There can be no secrets between you and your trainer. When I came here, I let everything go. I gave myself over to FT and said, “This is what I want to do, you do what you will with me.” And it worked.
Would you suggest our services to others?
– Yes, and already have.