The North Shore's Premier Dog Walk!
When: Saturday, October 6, 2012
Where: The Hadley School for the Blind, 700 Elm Street, Winnetka, IL
Start Time: 9 a.m. (check-in begins 8 a.m.)
RAIN OR SHINE!
Registration Fee: $30 ($40 on day of event)
Enjoy the beautiful autumn scenery as you "strut your mutt" on a two-mile walk through Winnetka. Complimentary refreshments (for you and your wet-nosed friend), trick-or-treat fun and raffle prizes! Dress up your dog and yourself, if you wish, for the Halloween theme. There will be a costume contest as well as prizes for the "Top Dogs," those who raise the most funds for a great cause. And remember, dogs (or costumes) are not required for you to participate in this fun community event.
Funds raised from this year's walk will help support Hadley's new Blinded Veterans Initiative, designed to help blinded veterans cope with sight loss while pursuing their personal and professional goals. Hadley Veterans Outreach Specialist, Urban Miyares, a blind Vietnam vet and successful disabled entrepreneur, will serve as grand marshal for the walk.
We encourage you to invite friends and family to donate to the walk in support of Hadley's distance education courses for people who are blind or visually impaired, their families and service providers.
How to Register:
- Save time! Pre-register online through our secure site.
- Download the registration and donation forms (in PDF format) and mail to The Hadley School for the Blind, 700 Elm St., Winnetka, IL 60093. Registration form must be received by 3 p.m. on Friday, October 5 to be eligible for the pre-registration price.
- Register in person at the Hadley school.
- Registration begins at 8 a.m. on the day of the event. Please allow ½ hour for registration that morning.
Other Event De"tails"
- Check in and "day of" registration begins at 8 a.m. at the Hadley School. Walk begins promptly at 9 a.m.
- All registered walkers will receive a t-shirt, dog bandana, goody bag and raffle ticket.
- Donations must be turned in by 9:00 a.m., Oct. 6 to be eligible for prizes. Donations can be made online, in cash or by check made out to The Hadley School for the Blind.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times before, during and after the walk. Water, dog treats and pet clean-up bags will be provided.
- Awards will be given for the 3 best costumes and 3 biggest fundraisers (over $500).