- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
1. Combine parsley, thyme, rosemary, shallots and oil in a small bowl.
2. Season the cavity with pepper and place peeled onion and pre-prepared stuffing in cavity (if desired).
3. Rub herb blend over entire turkey, place turkey breast side up and roast according to directions.
Turkey Recipe Lighter Gravy:
For added color and nutrition in your gravy, roast with added carrots, celery, onion and garlic. (Baste turkey but try to keep the opening of the oven door to a minimum). Strain broth from roasting pan and pour into a shallow pan and freeze for a few minutes. Remove fat layer (fat rises to the top and can be removed with a kitchen spoon). You can also use a gravy fat separator cup available at most cooking supply stores. Bring 2 cups of strained and defatted broth to a boil. Dissolve 1 Tbsp corn starch in 2 Tbsp water and add slowly to broth. Bring back to a boil, remove from stove and serve hot.
A HAPPY and HEALTHY Thanksgiving to all.