We are hiring for a Personal Trainer / Fitness Coach for the Newburyport MA location (& Portsmouth NH).
Tired of working for Commission or as an independent contractor? Want the stability of an employee?
At the studio we help people change their lives through comprehensive programming including science based strength training, cardio and nutrition. We strive to not only help people reach their health and fitness goals but to live a healthy lifestyle. Work for the world's largest private & small group personal training organization. Our particular studio is family owned and operated and have been in business at the same location for over nine years. All of your clients will be provided by us. That's right, you get to do what you love- TRAIN!!! You WILL, however, be expected to provide a GREAT experience each and every time using the systems we have in place.
Certified Personal Trainer Requirements:
- Current NCAA accredited national certification as a personal trainer, strength and conditioning specialist or fitness instructor
- Nationally recognized Strength and Conditioning Specialist, Fitness Instructor, or personal training certification (ACE, ACSM, NASM, NATA, NSCA, NPTI, ISSA)
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Minimum of 1 year experience as an employed personal trainer is a plus.
- Willing to learn and apply our proprietary strength training, cardio, and nutrition programs (private & small group)
- Knowledge about nutrition and healthy eating habits
- Weight/resistance training is significant part of your personal fitness routine
Certified Personal Trainer Preferred Qualifications:
- Degree in Exercise Science, Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or related field
- Experience with Small Group personal training, TRX, and Kettlebells.
- More than one-two years of personal training experience
Benefits include competitive wages, professional liability insurance coverage, a great work environment, and state of the art facility and equipment. Not to mention, our clients are fun to work with!
- Client Relations - Provide general guidance on nutrition as outlined in the Nutrition program Educate and coach clients on cardiovascular fitness goals outside of the gym / studio using the Cardio Prescription to current, past and future clients at all times.
- Create and demonstrate a safe and effective exercise program for clients Update and review client files; prepare for upcoming workouts and proactively schedule client re-assessments every 8 weeks. Continuously strive for excellence in personal training.
- Serve as a knowledgeable and responsible information source to all clients.
- Maintain professional standards including punctuality, proper attire and the creation and maintenance of a friendly, safe and motivating training relationship.
- Review client progress with studio manager and/or lead trainer on a regular basis, Properly complete training log and other worksheets as applicable, Attend & participate in all staff and individual development meetings, including continuing education and training sessions
- Work collaboratively with other fitness team members Ensure studio is clean and maintained at all times