Eight Hacks to Healthy Eating
Sep 21, 2017
8 Hacks to Healthy Eating
Let's be real, healthy eating can be overwhelming. Here are some helpful hacks to keep things cheap and simple:
- Make a meal plan: It is important to plan your week out BEFORE you go to the grocery store. Plan to have breakfast and lunch pretty much the same all week and try different things for dinner.
- Utilize your leftovers: You can do this by turning them into a new meal. You have leftover grilled chicken from salads? Make tacos with it!
- Make a grocery list: It is never a good idea to go to the grocery store unprepared, or hungry. Look at your meal plan and decide what ingredients you need to buy and STICK TO THE LIST!
- Buy in-season fruits and vegetables.
- Pack your lunch the night before: This will save you time and excuses in the morning.
- Buy frozen fruit and vegetables: This eliminates wasting unused produce at the end of the week.
- Carry a water bottle everywhere: We often forget to drink enough water, this will be a constant reminder to keep hydrated!
- Keep healthy snacks at work: Bring a stockpile of snacks to store at work, this will keep you from reaching for those office donuts.