Water is the most essential ingredient to a healthy life next to oxygen. Our bodies are made up of 65% water. Being dehydrated by even 2% can decrease performance by 10%. Water performs many important functions for our body.
- Water helps transport nutrients and gases
- Water helps remove waste and toxins from the body
- Water helps to regulate they body's temperature
- Water is lubricating to our joints and tissues
- Water helps facilitate digestion and much more
Hydration becomes more imperative when you are making up for the water lost in sweat from a good workout. Adequate fluid intake is essential to comfort, performance, and safety. The longer and more intensely you exercise, the more important it is to drink water.
Try mixing it up to keep things interesting and so you will not get bored of plain water. Try adding fresh sliced lemon, lime, cucumber, and mint to your water and sparkling water. My favorite combo is lime, mint, and cucumber. Have fun with it! You should intake 8 glasses of 8oz of water a day! Enjoy!