Turkey Wraps are such a quick and easy meal for most of us, but can we agree that sometimes they can get a little dull? The below recipe was found on epicurious.com and sounds a whole lot better than just some turkey and cheese wrapped up.
Give it a try, and let us know how you like it!
Smoked Turkey Wraps with Mango and Curried Mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 lavash wraps, each cut in half crosswise to make four 12x12-inch squares
- 8 ounces thinly sliced smoked turkey
- 4 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
- 2 cups thinly sliced seeded peeled English hothouse cucumber
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, thinly sliced
For curried mayonnaise:
Stir curry powder in heavy small skillet over medium-low heat until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer curry powder to small bowl. Stir in mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Place 1 lavash square on work surface. Spread lavash with 2 tablespoons curried mayonnaise. Place 1/4 of turkey in center of lavash. Top turkey with 1 cup lettuce, 1/2 cup cucumber, 1/4 of mango, and 1/4 of cilantro. Top with 1/4 of avocado slices. Fold in short sides of lavash, then roll up like burrito, enclosing filling completely. Repeat process for remaining 3 wraps. (Can be made 4 hours ahead. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap; keep refrigerated.) Cut wraps in half crosswise.
Per serving: calories, 294; total fat, 15 g; saturated fat, 2 g; cholesterol, 34 mg
Nutritional analysis provided by Self