Perfect for Mother's Day Brunch! Healthy and delicious!
6-8 servings Prep Time
20 Minutes Cook time
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled and chopped (about 5.5 cups)
- 2 cups chopped fresh mango (about 3 mangoes)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (or granulated sugar of choice)
- 1.5 tablespoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup rolled oats, use certified gluten-free if necessary
- 1 cup thinly sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 375F. Lightly grease an 8-cup (2 litre) casserole dish.
- For the filling: Place the chopped strawberries and mango in a medium bowl and sprinkle the arrowroot powder on top. Toss until the fruit is coated.
- Stir in the sugar and zest. Drizzle on the lime juice and lightly toss to combine. Pour the fruit mixture into the prepared dish and spread out evenly.
- For the topping: In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, almonds, almond meal/flour, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt. Pour on the maple syrup and melted coconut oil and stir until combined.
- Sprinkle the topping all over the fruit mixture in an even layer.
- Cover the dish with foil and poke a couple holes in the foil. Bake for 20 minutes, until the fruit is tender. Remove the foil and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until the topping is golden and the filling is bubbling up around the sides.
- Serve with a scoop of light, or non-dairy vanilla ice cream, coconut whipped cream, or simply on its own. Store in the fridge for 3-4 days.