Adding Fitness To Your Day
May 18, 2010
Your personal trainer might give you some homework for between workouts, but there are also a number of things that you can do to make sure that you're making the most of each day. After all, as wonderful as it would be to employ somebody to help you remain mindful about exercise opportunities and posture, sometimes you're just on your own. Here are a few examples of ways that you can boost your fitness while going about your daily life:
- Take the stairs instead of using the elevator. This will give you a quick cardio workout and will also stretch your calf muscles. For added difficulty jog every other flight on your trip upstairs.
- Use time standing in line to practice your posture and engage your abdominals.
- Park farther away when shopping for an added cardio boost. You may even find that by picking an open spot at the back of the parking lot you save time because you won’t be driving around for 10 minutes looking for the closest space!
- Practice balance exercises while standing around, and find seated exercises to do when you'll have to be sitting for long periods of time.
- Meet friends at local parks and hiking trails and enjoy nature while stretching your legs and burning calories instead of sitting around eating or drinking.