Personal Trainer Jobs
Certified Personal Trainer
Dear Prospective Fitness Trainer,
First of all, thanks for taking the time to visit our site. It’s our hope that you have precisely what we need in a fitness trainer so you can join our team and work in the fun and rewarding coaching position.
You either stumbled across this page or saw an employment ad online that reads like this:
Part Time Personal Trainer, excellent attitude, people person, growth/bonus opportunities.
So let me tell give you a little background on us and the coaching position.
Our business is dedicated to helping women and men achieve their health and fitness goals through customized nutrition and fitness programs.
And business is booming!
We're looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, and energetic person to join our team and start training some of our current clients.
We currently offer one-on-one and small group nutrition and fitness programs and nutrition counseling which educate, motivate, and support men, women, and teens to improve their health and fitness. All clients begin with a coaching package which includes: nutrition counseling, exercise program design, monthly fitness assessments and weekly training sessions here at the studio.
If you are hired for this coaching position, you'll begin coaching clients in the studio dependent upon how your availability matches ours.
Bottom line: you’ll gain valuable training experience with our clients at over $15 per hour. You will be paid as an employee, and have the opportunity to move up to higher wages. Our studio offers a casual, fun environment, nice training equipment and the opportunity to learn the inner-workings of a successful personal training studio.
Oh yeah, we're also very fair, respectful and appreciative. We like having fun and making money by providing highly valuable fitness services and products. You will be compensated fairly and treated fairly. We want someone who enjoys working with people and making a difference in the lives of others… because that’s what we do in here at Fitness Together.
Tasks You’ll Be Expected To Perform
- Develop comprehensive health & fitness programs for clients: You'll receive coaching and training on how fitness system, but you'll have flexibility to incorporate your training style and knowledge.
- Manage Client Schedule: You'll be responsible for managing your clients sessions and schedule.
- Tracking Client Progress: In order to ensure a client's success in our programs, you'll need to track weekly progress, current successes and challenges, nutrition logs worksheets and exercise logs on a weekly basis. It will be your job to hold a client accountable to his/her health and fitness program to ensure the best results possible.
- Perform Fitness Evaluations: Ideally, you'll have some fitness assessment skills and can test for: body composition, bodyweight, girth measurements, blood pressure, heart rate and various strength and flexibility tests. You do not need previous experience, but if you do, that's a bonus.
- Coach clients through their program: You'll be responsible for weekly exercise sessions and keeping detailed weekly progress reports on the clients your working with. If a client is having challenges throughout his/her program, you'll coach and motivate client and make appropriate changes to ensure consistent progress.
- Demonstrate Proper Exercise Instruction: This is a big one. I need you to be able to provide proper coaching, instruction, and motivation during a client training session. You should have a working knowledge of the human body (i.e. muscles, movements, functions, etc) and be apply to provide appropriate exercises for client’s goals.
- Provide Ongoing Health and Fitness Education: Our clients rely on us to service all of their health and fitness needs. It is your job as a fitness coach to provide your clients with health and fitness education on various topics that will empower them to lead healthy live's forever. You'll be provided with educational tools and resources.
These are the skills you must already have in order to qualify for this position:
- Good Communication Skills: you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally, and deliver clear instructions to the clients. I’ll teach you everything you need to do during a training session, but I can’t teach you manners and professionalism.
- People skills and personality- must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people. This is an exciting studio and you must be able to show your clients energy and excitement while working with them.
If you have these additional skills, your resume will go right to the top of the stack (but if you don’t have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory).
- Previous personal training experience (fitness studio, health club, in-home trainer, etc.)
- Basic nutrition knowledge
- National Certification
- Kinesiology Degree
- CPR Certified
How To Apply
I’m looking to hire the right person to hire relatively quickly. So if this job sounds good to you, then call 314-909-9565 for more information:
Again, thank you very much for your interest,
The FT Team
P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to us. If you perform, you will be rewarded. We want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and contributing to our team. If that's you, please apply!
With all that said, as mentioned in the headline on this page, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in our book. We're a very positive, upbeat group of trainers and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills mentioned, and a great attitude, you’re definitely a candidate! So submit your information today!