Chickpea Curry with Kale or Swiss Chard
4 Cups cooked or canned chickpeas (rinse if canned)
1 medium onion, chopped
5 leaves of kale or chard, chopped
3/4 of 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
1 tsp yellow curry powder
1 tsp ground tumeric (good antioxidant)
1/2 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 - 1 cup vegetable stock or water
Salt, to taste
1/2 tsp olive oil
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add chopped onions,tumeric,coriander, curry, and stir fry on medium heat for 1-2 minutes, periodically stirring.
2. Add diced tomatoes, kale, and 3 cupes of chickpeas and cover with a lid.
3. Meanwhile, blend vegetable stock with 1 cup of chick peas. If you cooked your own garbanzo beans (another name for chick peas), you could add water from them.
4. Stir in blended chick peas and let them cook for another 3-5 minutes, try your meal and add more curry powder if you wish.
5. Serve by it self or as a side dish.