DIY no-bake granola bars
Sep 26, 2019
,A great, simple recipe to help you avoid the artificial flavoring and added ingredients of store-bought granola bars!
3/4 cups of natural peanut butter/almond butter
1/2 cup honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp sea salt
2 1/4 cups steel cut oats
1 cup slivered or chopped almonds (or mix-in of your choice)
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Line an 8x8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper
2. Stir the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil together in a medium sauce pan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the mixture reaches a simmer. Remove from heat
3. Add the vanilla and salt and stir until combined. Add in the oats and almonds and stir
4. Press the granola firmly and evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour
5. Use the parchment paper to lift the bars out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Cut, serve and enjoy, or store for later in the week!
Need some help on Nutrition or New workouts? Click here for a trial session!