Fitness Together Alexandria is looking for an exceptional fitness professional to join our team of highly educated & motivated fitness experts.
Unlike traditional big box gyms and personal training studios, Fitness Together provides a holistic, prescriptive approach that incorporates resistance training, cardiovascular training and nutrition counseling.
Our team of Fitness Coaches responsibility is to focus on the clients, their experience, their goals and their results. If you're a fitness professional with passion for empowering others to live a happier and healthier life but struggle to fit into big box health clubs, franchise gyms, or tired of working the long hours as an independent contractor, Fitness Together has an amazing opportunity for you to grow!
**Serious candidates are strongly encouraged to include a cover letter with your resume. This is your opportunity to distinguish yourself from high influx of applicants. Applicants without the minimum requirements, will not be considered for this position.**
For more information about Fitness Together Alexandria, please visit our website at: www.fitnesstogether.com/alexandria
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science or related study
- At least 1 Year experience in the Exercise/Personal Training industry; including work with special populations
- ACSM, NASM, NSCA, ACE or ISSA Certifications preferred
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday and rotating Saturdays consistently
- High degree of motivation, detail orientation and positive, upbeat energy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional work ethic
- Enjoys & excels in a team environment.
Minimum Job Requirements include:
- Bachelor's degree or pursuing a bachelor's degree in Exercise Science, Exercise physiology, or related study is minimum requirement for consideration of employment
- Performing individual fitness assessments for clients every 6 weeks
- Thorough understanding of science based progressive training programs
- Creating customized training programs for clients based on consistent assessment results
- Thorough knowledge of injury prevention & post rehab recovery; disease prevention & management; special conditions & limitations; high performance athlete; as well as geriatric population-motivating and educating clients to reach their individual goals
- Teamwork in maintaining the studios appearance and reputation
- Incredible team work environment
- IRA retirement program with company matching contributions
- Health care reimbursement
- Individual and team-based bonus opportunities
- Paid vacation after 1st year
- Continued education opportunities and benefits
- Opportunity for growth and advancement into leadership position
- Opportunity for ownership
Please do not call or stop by the office directly before submitting an application/resume. Thanks in advance for your cooperation and application!
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time